Monday, April 14, 2008

1-20/100 Things

091204self_portrait

So I thought I should introduce myself, just in case anyone else ends up here but me.

I always read the "100 Things About Me" on other people's blogs, so I thought I'd start one. My plan is to do a few now, and add to it as I go.

1. My name is Dana
2. The person I call "Brent" would be my husband
3. We were married in 2004
4. In the first four years of our marriage, we lived in 3 different states. North Carolina, Illinois and Colorado.
5. Each move was for his job. He's a construction superintendent and when he finishes building a project we move to where the next project is.
6. With this most recent move to Colorado, we should be able to stay put for awhile.
7. I taught myself to knit in 2005 from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch
8. The only reason I remember it was 2005 was by checking the dates of my knitting magazine collection
9. I'm horrible with dates and if asked how old I am, have to do the math
10. I started quilting in 2006, but am just now truly getting into it
11. I'd like to be able to sew my own clothes, mostly because I'm picky about fit
12. This pickiness drives my husband crazy
13. It is also the reason I hate shopping. Or clothes shopping, at least. All I want is clothes that fit, but apparently that's too much to ask
14. I run
15. I just got a new bike and am getting into cycling
16. I'd consider doing a triathlon if I was a better swimmer
17. I'm not overly competitive when it comes to athletics. I'm in it more for the fun of it and the personal challenge than to win
18. I once was a newspaper photographer
19. I had one exceptionally crappy job that single-handedly destroyed my love of photography
20. I'm just now starting to recover so my photography skills are way rusty

1 comment:

amandajean said...

wonderful list about you! good idea breaking it down by 20's. thanks for the guess on my contest.